This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

OCXs not overwriting during install...

1 reply to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 16:06

I have some OCXs that need to be overwritten during the installation...

First, I unregister the OCXs in the code (along with the DLLs that will be overwritten)...

After that is complete, the file copying process begins.  However, the OCXs that I try to overwrite do not get overwritten...

The internal version number is the same (not used by the developers  :angry: ) and there is a newer date, however the files still aren't overwritten...

I know in the older versions of IS (5.x), there was a property to always overwrite, newer version, newer date, newer version/newer date, but I can't find that in IS Developer 7.04.

I know that you can set the version of the file in the Advanced Views, but that isn't desirable as I have over a total of 80 files to be overwritten (company OCXs) and I don't want to do that EVERY time when a newer version comes out.

Also, we just changed the version of one file internally and tried the install, but it didn't overwrite it.  I then tried to do it manually and it did overwrite.

Any ideas?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:55

Try and change the REINSTALLMODE from omus to emus.
Or better: tell the developers to use version numbers properly.