This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prereqs not found, if started from CD

2 replies to this topic

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:14

Hello,

I've problem, when prereqs(before feature-selection) have to be started from CD/DVD/USB-Stick.
The setup.exe tells, that he can't find the MSI file.
Does someone knows a workaround?

Regards
Johannes

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 13:48

How do you have the location setup. Are you extracting from setup.exe or
"Copy from source media" (It sounds like you are doing copy from source media).
This overrides the default location for the pre-requisites which may be causing the error you are seeing.

In mine I have always just extracted from setup.exe and that has always worked for me. You might also look at the installer log file for additional information as to where it is looking for the files on the CD/media source.

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 14:05

You might also have Follow individual selections as your option which tells intallshield to use the location from the pre-req property in the redistributable view. If this is the case I would look at the redist you are trying to use and see where it expects to be.

Example if you required IE6 as a pre-req the path would be
<ISProductFolder>\SetupPrerequisites\InternetExplorer 6.0\*.*

I assume but cant be certain you have to mimic this path on your cd. Since I've never actually done that take this advie with a grain of salt.