This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA only if Previous version is removed

2 replies to this topic

Bopperty

Bopperty
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:45

Hello,

i´m building a setup (with VS2005) and got a problem, in case i´m upgrading the software.
On a first-time installation i want to execute a CA, NOT if an older Version was installed and removed by setting the RemovePreviousVersion property.
At the moment i'm always executing the CA, no matter what Condition i use. Does anyone have an idea, what the Condition for such a CA got to look like ?
(PREVIOUSVERSIONINSTALLED wasn't the one, i'm looking for dry.gif )

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:49

Is it the CA in the new or in the old package that you don't want to run? Remember the setup of the old version is called to uninstall the old version.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:23

You need to take a look at the AppSearch table. The idea is to search for a file or registry setting and populate a property (this is what AppSearch triggers) and then have your CA test that property's content. The two main authoring tools have a UI to that table, to make that task easier.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.