This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remote Installation & Selecting Users

1 reply to this topic

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 19:29

Hey Everyone,

I have two questions. I am currently using IS 6.31.

1) I would like to bring up a dialog box so that I can select a local user or a domain user that has been previously set up manually. Is there a dialog that I can launch during setup to get this information or does anyone have any custom dialogs that perform this type of operation?

2) I am doing some research on Remote installations, and was wondering if anybody has information on this. The idea is that we would like to have a local computer that has rights to other computers on the network. Some of files on the local computer are updated, and we would like to check the files on the the other computers with this list of updated files. If there is a difference, we would like to launch a setup program from the local computer to update these files without having to go to each machine individually and perform the update.
Does IS6.31 handle this type of installation? or Are there other products that I could look into that might have this capability?

Thanks,
Alex
Alex Ferguson
www.SolimarSystems.com

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 21:50

Figured the first one out....had to use a dialog that I created, and used the NetUserEnum() function to get the users. Just an FYI for anyone that that might have to do it.

Still need help witht he remote installation deal.

Alex
Alex Ferguson
www.SolimarSystems.com