This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"Preparing Setup" dialog (changing FONT?)

2 replies to this topic

MisterW

MisterW
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:09

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the FONT of the static text control in the "Preparing Setup" dialog.

I'm refering to the text that states "<PRODUCT_NAME> Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait."

My problem is that if my product name contains a special character such as the "trademark symbol" it won't be displayed on this dialog because the default font "MsSansSerif" can't display it.

I came across this -> http://kb.flexerasof...ernalID=Q106278 but it didn’t really help.

I was able to discover that this dialog comes from the DLL file [_setup2kint.dll] located in C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386

I tried to change the font in this DLL file using Visual Studio and resave the DLL (losing the Macrovision certificate in the process). But when I tried to re-create the installer, the font still does NOT change.

I can change other things in this text control (i.e.: the actual text or border properties) but not the font for some reason!!!

Any ideas?

- MisterW

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 14:57

I don't recommend trying to hack such InstallShield resources.

Instead I suggest that you just use "™" instead of the special symbol to denote the trademark.
user posted image

MisterW

MisterW
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 20:54

Hi TB,

That's exactly what I tried to do but it won't display properly in this dialog.

I've attached the dialog image....as you can see the title bar is ok...it displays the trademark symbol correctly, but not in the dialog body.

Notice the character just before the "Setup is preparing..." text.

- MW

[image now attached]

Attached Images

• test_image.jpg

Edited by MisterW, 08 April 2010 - 03:37.