This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

sequence of MergeModules

3 replies to this topic

Markus

Markus
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 13:35

Dear all,

I have a big problem.
I have made some Merge Modules. Now I have included this Merge Modules in a Standard Project. The problem is now, that one Merge Module hase to be installed, befor the others. Is there a way to define the sequence/order of installing the Merge Modules?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards
Markus

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 08:12

Why would it be required to copy the files in a specific order?

Markus

Markus
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 14:49

Sorry,

the desciption of my problem was`t clear enough. The files dosn`t  need to be copied in a special sequence. But it is neccessary to do the registration of the files in the right sequence, because one file needs to read the registration of another file.
Is there a way to degine the sequence of registration?

best regards
Markus

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 15:36

As I understand it Merge modules are not executed serially.  They are mixed up together with the main installation.  So the class registration takes place when the RegisterClassInfo action is executed.
If one requires a late running custom action to finalise some aspect of the installation then sequence it sufficiently late.

If you are using self registration, now you know why the documentation says don't do it.