This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Issue with repair

3 replies to this topic

igodunov

igodunov
  • Full Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 14:01

When I try to Repair from ARP or from msi file Context menu, installer prompts "The installation source for this product is not available..."
I see that installation source is in the right location, I didn't move it after install. What reason should cause such behaviour?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 15:30

I suppose the installation files could be corrupt, or you have locked down the share with the files so that the LocalSystem account used to run the MSI install can not access the files? Another possibility is some problem with the SOURCELIST property and there are also several other potential causes, but check the above first.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

igodunov

igodunov
  • Full Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 18:17

QUOTE (Glytzhkof @ 2006-12-26 15:30)
I suppose the installation files could be corrupt, or you have locked down the share with the files so that the LocalSystem account used to run the MSI install can not access the files? Another possibility is some problem with the SOURCELIST property and there are also several other potential causes, but check the above first.

>I suppose the installation files could be corrupt
It's OK with the source package.

>you have locked down the share with the files so that the LocalSystem account used to run the MSI install can not access the files
The source package is on the same drive.

>Another possibility is some problem with the SOURCELIST property..
Thank You for advise, i'll check it to begin with.

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:00

According to me the option CacheWebdownload shold be make to Yes.

when the installer tries to repair it will search in temp directory for msi and immediately after installation the folder is removed. if CWD made to yes it will try to load from downloadedinstalltion.

thanks