This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Non Admin Installation for InstallScript MSI

3 replies to this topic

Sobhan

Sobhan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 14:31

Hi friends,

Currently i created setup using InstallShield InstallScript MSI project . I able to install my application if windows login user has administrative rights. But the same i cannot able to do if login user does not have adminstrative rights. From the installshield and windows installer documentation, i came to know that we can do this by setting AlwaysInstallElevated register keys under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER

I set this properties using Group Policy - windows.

I added new property ALLUSERS - 1 in the property manager table too.

Yet i am unable to install my application in non admin mode. What is the process to do this ? Kindly let me know how to do this and what are settings/properties i have to set to in the InstallShield InstallScript MSI project .

FYI : I am using InstallShield 11

Thanks for your valuable time and help.

Sobhan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:53

The are many problems with InstallScript MSI (this is why I avoid them), this may be one of them. You must pre-install the InstallScript engine. This may require admin rights.

BTW what are the symptoms you see? Error message?

Sobhan

Sobhan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:24

I got a dialog form saying the installation has interrupted and set up has not completed the installation.

Following is the message shows on dialog form

This wizard was interrupted before Adminstrator's Plus could be completly installed.

This system has not been modified.To install this program at a later time, run this installation again

click finish to exit the wizard

FYI: Administrator's Plus is my product name

Thanks for your reply and help.

Awaiting for your replies eagerly..

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 17:20

You need to generate a verbose log file of your installation to see the full error message.