This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Retrieve properties during uninstall

3 replies to this topic

smitakelkar

smitakelkar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:29

I want to perform some custom actions during repair.
After which standard action  in execute sequence can i retrieve properties such as 'ProgressType0' or '_IsMaintenance'

Actually if u see the events in next button on the dialogs such as Maintenance Type propertry _IsMaintenaceType is used immediately.
However if i place a condition similar to the one they have used such as say '_IsMaintenanceType = "Reinstall" ' , the event i wanted to get executed sucha s Newdialog or a custom action does not get executed.

Smita

vnadoda

vnadoda
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 21:40

Hi ,
I have a similar kinda problems.
Actually I tried to run some CA in Execute sequence which had similar condition u mentioned. But that doesn't seem to work..:-(
did you get any soltutions?

Thanks in advance..
-Vipul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:11

Remember that these properties like _IsMaintenance are private properties (because they include lower case letters). This means that their value is lost when setup moves from the user interface sequence to the execute sequence.

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 15:58

hey guys...

Give a condition for the custom action as
"NOT Installed OR NOT REMOVE"
The CA will be called during repair action. (but take care while modify also CA will run)

:p
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)