This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating a hyperlink

1 reply to this topic

sahana

sahana
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 14:33

The problem i am facing is:Creating a hyperlink to redirect to
microsoft website to download .NET 3.5 using InstallShield 12.

Can any body help me??? blink.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 13:15

Are you talking about adding a "hyperlink control" to a dialog which the user should click to download the framework manually? Or should your setup automatically download and install the framework if it doesn't exist on the target machine?

In the first case: I don't think there's a hyperlink control. Also, installing the framework from within your MSI setup isn't possible (because the framework uses MSI itself). So you would need to create an executable that would download and install the framework and then launch your msi setup.

In the second case: InstallShield's setup.exe can do this for you. That's what "setup prerequsites" are for. Version 12 doesn't include a pre.build prerequisite for .NET 3.5 so you would have to build your own prerequisite using the prerequisite editor (or upgrade to InstallShield 2009)