This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

PLEASE HELP !! - Compile.exe with Command File

2 replies to this topic

ssham

ssham
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 06:00

HI ALL
What I am trying to do is to develop a tool that automate the migration on files between development machines/servers in InstallShield 6.3.
The design is like this: I put in the several source file location in a text file, reference that text file in the @commandfile option in the compile.exe command line compiler. I was hoping that I can write some setup script to reference that command file at compile time, and thus pull the right file into the package.
However, I can't seem to put any values into the command file. The compiler keeps referencing those values as filesnames and tries to link them in with the setup script.

e.g. if the command file has the following:
Hello

then if I use compile.exe then the error would be
c:\My Installations\MigrationTool\Hello - The system cannot find the file specified.

I can't seem to find any examples or meaningful documentation on the net or the product documentation!! Please, if anyone has used this before, or know how to use this feature, can you please reply with an example so I can have a look?

Thanks in advance

Sanford

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 19:37

Have you looked at the command line info on the Installshield website? I'm not sure if you have or not...here's the info just in case:

Q102669 - HOWTO: Compiling a Script Using the Command Line Compiler

Hope it helps.

Alex
Alex Ferguson
www.SolimarSystems.com

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 July 2002 - 06:00

I have yet to mess around with the command-line compiler, but I think you may have to defer to a batch file to copy those files, so that the compiler can refer to them from a single location.
user posted image