This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Displayed version in add/remove

4 replies to this topic

kroiz

kroiz
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 13:54

Hi
In the Add/Remove's "Click here for support information" the dialog that shows displays the product version (IFX_PRODUCT_VERSION ).
I wish it to display the "Display Product Version" (IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_VERSION ).

Is there anyway to change that please?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 17:02

Under the OnFirstUIAfter() event/function, you'll need to overwrite the default uninstall entry by doing something along the lines of the following:
CODE
// OVERWRITE DEFAULT UNINSTALL ENTRY
RegDBSetDefaultRoot(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE);  
szARPKey = "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\"+PRODUCT_GUID;
szARPVersion = IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_VERSION;
nResult = RegDBDeleteKey("Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\App Management\\ARPCache\\"+PRODUCT_GUID); // FORCE A REFRESH OF ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
nvType = REGDB_STRING;
nResult = RegDBSetKeyValueEx(szARPKey, "DisplayVersion", nvType, szARPVersion, -1);

user posted image

kroiz

kroiz
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:58

Thanks, That did the trick.

BTW, is there any implication to that action? I mean who else uses the DisplayVersion in the uninstall section?

kroiz

kroiz
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:03

Well actually I found out that after an update the DisplayVersion returns to the old value.

So maybe it would be better to set the DisplayVersion in the OnEnd Event?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 14:46

You're welcome kroiz and that change is isolated to such uninstall support, so there would be no additional implications.

OnEnd() would not be the appropriate location to handle an update though as that's still called when an installation is cancelled. Instead I would recommend adding the same code, or a custom function call equivalent, to the OnMaintUIAfter() event.
user posted image