This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing the release path

2 replies to this topic

vishalv

vishalv
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 14:13

Hi,
I need to change the output path where the setup.exe will be created.
The release folder will create it in some path defined by installshield 10.5 but I want it to be placed in a shorter path.
Is there a way to do it or is the Release wizard the only way to create the output path for my setup.
Regards,
vishal

HughJardon

HughJardon
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 15:04

I can't find a way to do this.
Even if I change "Release Location" to <ISProjectFolder>, the Installer insists on creating all the extra folders (i.e.
<ISProjectFolder>\<Product Configuration>\<Release Name>\<diskimage>\<disk1>\

Does ANYONE know how to force the installer to place the setup.exe in a folder withOUT all these extra folders being created?

HughJardon

HughJardon
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 15:18

Found a solution\workaround.

If you want "setup.exe" to be placed in another location other than "..<Product Configuration>\<Release Name>\<diskimage>\<disk1>\" then you need to add "Distribute after every build" and a location for that distribution.

steps:
1. load .ism in installshield
2. change view to Installation Designer (tab)
3. left pane, under "Media" select Distribute
4. middle pane, select the release you wish to distribute
result: right-pane shows the distribute view

5. make sure "Folder" is selected, place location you want "setup.exe" to be placed
and make sure you select (x) "Distribute after every build"

Now when you build, you will get a copy of your setup.exe (or whatever you named it) in the location you want.