This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How does ".NET scan at build" work?

1 reply to this topic

slescure

slescure
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:28

That Installshield thing is a real nightmare. It makes simple things so complex.

I need to install a .NET DLL I made in the GAC through a merge module. First, Installshield requires me to perform the ".NET scan at build" to do that, or it won't install the DLL in the GAC even if the target folder in Installshield for the component is set to GlobalAssemblyCache (By the way, there is no error message, Installshield just puts the DLL some other place without telling anything to anyone).

But now, Installshield tells me that he is adding some other DLLs to the merge module because there is a dependency with them! But this should not be done here since I included these in another merge module I am dependant on. Why does it need this ".NET scan at build" that works so bad?

The .NET scan also gives me such a weird message too when I compile : It tells me that my component is dependent on another merge module that has nothing to do with my component : My .NET DLL has no reference or dependency to that merge module and I can't see any reason why it says "Adding merge module 'aaa' that is a dependency of component 'bbb'"

Thanks for your help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:37

Try to set the .NET Scan at Build option to "properties only"