This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting Property depending on option chosen in Maintainance

2 replies to this topic

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 17:39

Hello,

I have requirement of renaming few files during uninstallation of my application. This should not happen while reinstalling or modifying. I did following for this :

1. I prepared one property called "ISREPAIR" set to "default" as default value in Property table.

2. Wrote three custom actions - repair_selected, remove_selected, modify_selected. In all these three custom actions I am changing the value of ISREPAIR to "yes", "no" and "modi" respectively.

3. I called appropriate custom action in Next button of Maintainance Type dialog box depending on which option is selected by user.

4. Wrote custom action to rename file which I wanted to rename. And put condition (Installed) AND (ISREPAIR="no"). Thus this custom action will run only during uninstallation.

Now, it works fine on NT when you uninstall but doesnot work on 2000, because when you say "remove" from "Add/Remove program" in 2000 it doesnot give any GUI to user and just uninstalls the product. In this case no one of my custom actions get fired.

What should be the solution ?

Regards,
Devang.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 February 2002 - 23:31

Hi Devang,
Try to use "REMOVE=ALL" or "REMOVE<>""". it should works for the uninstallation only.

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 13:14

Hello Irina,

Thanks. It works fine now.

Devang.