This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How CA launch the previous dialog in UI sequence???

5 replies to this topic

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2001 - 18:30

My custom action runs the InstallShield script and I use some InstallShield built in dialogs in the Script.  The problem is that the "Back" button on the dialog could not go back to the previous dialog in the UI sequence.   Does anyone know how to let CA go back to the previous dialog?
Thanks in advance!
Hongwei Jia

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2001 - 19:01

Hi Jia,
 Is your CA in the middle of the User Interface sequence? If so, set the "Back" button of the first dialog you display from your CA to launch a NewDialog event for the dialog in the User Interface that you want to go back to.
Rob

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2001 - 20:28

But I am using the Script built-in dialog.  The "Back" button can not be seen in the UI sequence.   The function just returns a predefined value if the user clicks the button.    I know how to launch a event in the UI sequence.  But, Do you have a way to launch a NewDialog event in the script?  So, the problem is how to launch a dialog from the script.
Thanks,
Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia

Hongwei Jia
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2001 - 22:53

Just follow up my post. I found MsiDoAction could launch any action or dialog from script.

kc

kc
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2001 - 09:22

HongWei,
I understand that u used MsiDoAction to launch a dialog. I tried it out with a simple project containing at CA that uses MsiDoAction to launch a built-in dialog. But it fail. May I know any steps that I missed out? Pls help. Thanks

KC