This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ServicePack2 - installshield X

3 replies to this topic

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 15:23

Sorry if this is not the correct forum to post this...

I saw that Installshield ServicePack2 is released within the beginning of August 2004. However, until know I am not noticed by the update tool that this update is available??

Also updates who I have already downloaded and installed are still visible within the installshield X update manager window. I could hide them but...

Any ideas why the update manager not works like it meant to be...

I have firefox as default browser on my system... could this be a problem??

Thanks for any information...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 18:24

Which language version of InstallSHield X are you using?
Are you logged on as Administrator?

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:52

I'm using the Installshield X Professional with ServicePack1 installed.
I'm using the English(United States) language version, I think since is the only language I can select for my setup projects.

Yes, I'm also logged in as administrator.

I've downloaded already all updates the update manager is making aware of, and installed them manually(didn't let the update manager installed it). However, the update manager is still showing my already installed updates. And neither ServicePack2 is showed between the updates..???

Any ideas?!

blink.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 13:42

Service Pack 2 only applies to Universal projects. You shuold see it as soon as you open the Universal IDE or a Universal project. If you are building Windows (MSI or InstallScript) or Mobile projects, SP2 doesn't apply to you.