This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using SpecifyComponents parameter

3 replies to this topic

alec

alec
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:52

Hi,
I've worked with installshield not for a long and get a project from a previous developer. Now I try to convert it from is6.3 to 2008 and there was a problem: is2008 couldn't find any component (error -7040). It took much time to find out what is wrong -- the problem was with parameter SpecifyComponents=Yes
in default.mda in Media folder. When I deleted it and error disappear after convertation.
I didn't find any description of this parameter.Where can I find it in IDE(for is6.3/2008)?
Is there any description of parameters, which are supposed in project files?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 23:14

As part of purchasing IS 2008, I believe you also should have gotten a period for support for help with successfully migrating old projects such as this.

I also have no experience with the 2008 version, but I can tell you that in IS 6.3 that parameter can be found by doing the following:
  1. Start IS 6.3 and open the original project
  2. From the project workspace on the left, choose the Media tab
  3. From the resulting Media tree, right click the affected Media entry and choose Properties
  4. From the resulting Media Properties dialog, select the Components tab
At this point, you should see the "Specify the components to be included below." radio button as being selected which should equate to the database parameter of SpecifyComponents=Yes.

If that's truly the problem, then I would recommend you note the selected components for later re-selection in 2008 and instead choose the "Use the 'Include in Build' property of each component to determine whether to include the component." radio button to improve the migration results.

Another option would be to simply delete the IS 6.3 media and re-create it under IS 2008.

Good luck then, hope it helps, and welcome to tthe world of setups.
user posted image

alec

alec
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:23

Thanks for responce. Then I looked in "Specify the features to be included below" list it turned out, that all components (features in 2008) were deselected. After including necessary components in release everything is good. It seems that information about included components were not converted correctly.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 15:47

Understand and you're welcome. Glad I could help.
user posted image