This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major upgrade issue

3 replies to this topic

danalifs

danalifs
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:08

Hi,

i am trying to create a major upgrade using IS12. the upgrade is from a package created with IS9.
i placed the "RemoveExistingProduct" after "InstallFinlize".
there are some actions like stopping the service that should accure during the upgrade (and when REMOVE="all") i put the condition on these actions: (REMOVE="ALL" AND NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) OR IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE
even so, the product is being upgraded and then all the actions with this condition are running.

how do i prevent this? what am i doing wrong?

thanks,
Dana

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:36

IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is true in case of a Major Upgrade, so your whole condition evaluates to true.

danalifs

danalifs
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:55

Thanks!

I ran into another problem during this upgrade. the upgrade doesn't work well although i changed the condition and added separate CA for the upgrade.

i ran the Upgrade validation wizard which indicates that the old version's Upgrade code is not in the upgrade table. the problem is that the old version was made with installshield 9 and the upgrade code is in lower case, the upgrade table has this code but in upper case. how do i solve this??? Installshieild 12 will not exept lower case...

thanks again!

Dana

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:36

For a mathcing GUID, case must match, that's why it doesn't detect your old version.
IS 12 doesn't let you enter a GUID with lower case letters because all GUIDs must be authored in uppercase. So the Upgrade Code in your old setup is invalid.
You could try to insert your lower case GUID in Direct Editor and see if that works for the upgrade.
The clean solution would be to uninstall the old version using a setup.exe launcher.