This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Internal Error 2755. 1601

2 replies to this topic

ksudupa

ksudupa
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 10:20

When I try install one of our msi file it error "Internal Error 2755. 1601" followed by the path of the msi file. I got lot of info in web regarding this error but none are convincing. This fails only in some of Win2003 server systems and works properly with Win 2000 systems. MSI was built using DEV9.

It works in some of win 2003 systems after registering msiexec (msiexec.exe /regserver)but didn't solve in some other systems.
I am using the mapped drive. Is this a problem? Should i use UNC path or copy the package locally?

Thanks

install log file has following entry.
=====================================================
Action start 11:50:58: InstallExecute.
DEBUG: Error 2755: Server returned unexpected error 1601 attempting to install package Z:\install\Experimental\Disk1\test.msi.
DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupError
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, SetupError
Internal Error 2755. 1601, Z:\install\Experimental\Disk1\test.msi.
MSI © (B4:40): Product: Reporter -- Internal Error 2755. 1601, Z:\install\Experimental\Disk1\test.msi.
=====================================================

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 13:47

The first thing I would try would be to copy the setup locally. It may be that the setup is trying to access the mapped drive while running the installation transaction in system context. There are no mapped drives available in system context, and I believe in most cases no UNC path access either, but this I am not 100% sure of.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Petch

Petch
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:11

You should run ICE validation on the package and check your Dialog, Control and ControlEvent tables. If it Windows Installer cannot find control on your dialog it might fall over with ICE03 error. I had a similar problem with exactly the same dialog when transforming another vendors MSI. I don't think this is the right answer to your question because it works on Win2000. There are some MSI bugs with Win2003 so you should check those out.