This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

WindowsInstaller.Installer::OpenDatabase fails....

3 replies to this topic

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 13:36

WindowsInstaller.Installer::OpenDatabase fails when I try open a cached database (VMWARE image) (located at c:\windows\installer) in any mode other than msiOpenDatabaseModeReadOnly (read only mode). However I can open the cached database in all other modes on my physical machine and I can open an MSI database on the VMWare as long as the MSI database does not reside in the C:Windows\Installer folder.

Physical machine operating system – Windows 2003 SP2
VMWare image operating systems – Windows 2003 SP3 and XPSP2

Is there a operating system security setting to prevent opening a cached database in read/write mode?

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:07

Grannies and eggs and all that but I presume you've checked what permissions the account you're using has on that folder?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:15

Yes, I've checked the permissions for my account on that folder and I have read/write permissions.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 16:20

What does ProcMon show is happening at the point where you attempt to open the d/b?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.