This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Hidden lines

6 replies to this topic

Thomas Eskesen

Thomas Eskesen
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2001 - 14:20

In two of my own dialog boxes the line above the prev/next/cancel buttons dissapears when the setup is running! The are OK visible in the layout-editor!

Any hints!??!??!?!?!?

I am running ISWI ver. 2.03.

Thanking You in Anticipation
Thomas Eskesen

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 21:35

Check your tab index - does the number conflict with another?
Make sure enabled option is True.
Make sure visible option is True.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 23:40

I think that Thomas is talking about the line already on the blank dialog provided by InstallShield.  I have the same problem, although I haven't yet worked out why it happens.

Thomas Eskesen

Thomas Eskesen
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 07:50

Hi
I have tried to reporte the matter as a bug to IS, but they rejectede it as a bug and asked me to pay for support instead.... nice people....

BUT: I found a Hack that did the trick (after a lot of "blod, sweat and tears"):

To Update the msi aftewards use the script (I have not tried this, but found it in a new group!!!)
<vbscript>
Set oMsi = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer")
Set oDb = oMsi.OpenDatabase("...\MyMsi.msi" , 1 )
Set oView = oDb.OpenView("UPDATE `Control` SET `Attributes`=1 WHERE
`Control`='DlgLine' AND  `Attributes`=0")
oView.Execute
oView.Close
oDb.Commit
</vbscript>

To fix the problem:
Export the ism to Isv, then patch it..., then reconvert it to .ISM (backup before as this is a hack).

There is no real way to be sure of the right dialog. Basically, look in the ISV file for the dialogname, then the following lines should be the controls. 1 control should be named 'DlgLine'.

"DlgLine CONTROL Cxxxx 1  0 Line  326  234 0   0 48"
The last 0 should be changed to 1
The Cxxxx may vary.

And it works!!!!
Regards,
Thomas

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2001 - 18:41

Could this be a foreground/background problem?
If any of your controls overlap the IS line, try moving them to the background.  They may be hiding the line at runtime.
 This line is a pain in the neck.  If you change the size of the dialog, the IS line moves up away from the buttons.  IS support told me this is a known "issue" and they are working on fixing it.

gowen

gowen
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 16:22

I had this problem when building a dialog using the standard "Blank Dialog".

I solved it by exporting the "Ready to install" dialog, using that instead of the Blank to create a new one, then I deleted the original components and copied my new components across.  After recreating the button actions, I deleted the original dialog and renamed the new one to replace it.

You don't have to use "Ready to install" but its lack of radio buttons helps prevent further problems when deleting the unwanted components.