This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Applying patching does not do update files

1 reply to this topic

Pavank

Pavank
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 14:53

I created a minor upgrade and tested it installing the previous version and trying to upgrade. There are no errors during upgrade but none of the files are changed. The log file says that the feature I want to upgrade is installed in advertise mode.
"Feature: executive; Installed: Advertise;   Request: Reinstall;   Action: Reinstall" All the components of this feature have Null in "Request" and "Action".
Now if I delete some files manually and start the application, it starts windows installer in repair mode which restores the original files. Applying patch after this updates all files successfully. The log says:
"Feature: executive; Installed: Local;   Request: Reinstall;   Action: Reinstall". All the components have "Local" in "Request" and "Action".
The question is why is patching failing when I apply it before repair.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 20:17

Looks like you didn't follow all the upgrade rules documented under Windows Installer -> Tools and Tips