This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do you change the UNINSTALL_STRING value?

4 replies to this topic

Cygnusx1

Cygnusx1
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 17:08

This is the fifth time I have asked this question:
How can I replace the UNINSTALL_STRING  or UNINST value.  I need to have a custom uninstallstring run NOT the uninstall that the .msi uses (rundll32 c:\progra~1\common~1\instal~1\engine\6\intel3~1\ctor.dll<UNINSTALL_CMD>).

Thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 18:50

Which tool are you using to create your setup? The uninstall string you describe looks like InstallShield Professional 6, nit Windows Installer/MSI.

Thilak

Thilak
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2001 - 06:28

You can have your own custom uninstallation string by setting the following registry key, but I'm not sure of direct supporting call or variable to do this.

Set the following registry value "UninstallString" to your dll "rundll32.exe <arguments>" in the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{your-product-code}.

Be sure to set this too
"DisplayName" to your product name
otherwise, you might not able to see your product under Add/Remove dialog.

In your script you can access your current product code using the variable PRODUCT_CODE (or similar).

-regards

Cygnusx1

Cygnusx1
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2001 - 12:26

Sorry, This is Installshield Professional - Windows Installer Edition 2.03.  Changing the UNINSTALL_STRING and the uninstall registry key has no effect.  As a matter of fact I have deleted the uninstall key and removed the Ctor.dll with no effect on the uninstall process.