This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

change CMDLINE value

3 replies to this topic

ton_b

ton_b
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:16

Hi,

I need to change the CMDLINE value in the table Properties, but do not know how to do this.

When I start the msi installer "Setup.msi /quiet" I want the value of CMDLINE to be changed into "/s"
This is important for a execuatble inside the msi installer wich will be executed, and must have a command line argument, in this case "/s" if you want to run the application in silent mode.

Any idea's ?

Ton.

I'm using InstallAware to create the MSI installer, and they do not support this kind of functions. I also have Miscrosoft Orca to edit the MSI database.

Edited by ton_b, 25 January 2006 - 09:18.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 17:00

I don't know the special meaning of proeprty CMDLINE but you could use a custom action type 51 to set/change the property value (based on the value of the UILevel property).

ton_b

ton_b
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:14

Good news!
This means it is possible.

But, because I am not familiar with making a custom action, i don't really understand what you mean by:
you could use a custom action type 51 to set/change the property value

I was looking for a tutorial on the internet on how to create custom actions, but could not find it.

The CMDLINE property is used for passing extra information to an application wich is started by the msi installer.

for example:

The msi installer will start the application "MyProject.exe" wich in inside the msi installer. to add a command line parameter to this executable you can use the CMDLINE property to do so.
In this case, "MyProject.exe /s"

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 18:02

To start learning about custom actions:
http://msdn.microsof...tom_actions.asp