This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prograss bar -- 100% but continue file transfer

3 replies to this topic

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 22:26

I developed an installer, but there is one problem with status bar. when the process percentage is 100%, the file transfer is still going on and sometime take some time to end, the lasting time depends on machine speed. Does anyone know of the reason?

In my code, I call the following functions:

// set up default status
SetStatusWindow( 0, "" );
Enable( STATUSDLG );
StatusUpdate( ON, 100 );

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 00:50

Hmm, not sure. It might be trying to write out some of the supporting information for maintenance mode. However, try calling this enablement instead:

CODE
Enable(STATUSEX);

'cause that's what I use and mine work just fine.

Also, have you tried stepping through it with the debugger to see what's going on? Check out the help topic "INFO: Debugging a Setup on a Test Machine" to see how to do this on your non-development machine.

Good luck.

user posted image

wenju_wang

wenju_wang
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 16:37

Hi

when I change the second line
from Enable( STATUSDLG );
to Enable(STATUSEX);

the installer works fine. The problem is I need a progress indicator instead of a status dialog. I will display billboards above it. Can I have other choices?

Edited by wenju_wang, 11 June 2003 - 16:38.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 17:10

I don't know as I've only used STATUSEX. The fact the other one behaves that way sounds like a bug, so maybe update to IS 6.31 if you haven't done so already.

I guess just go through the whole set (i.e. STATUS, STATUSDLG, STATUSEX, STATUSOLD), and see which one you can live with.

Regardless of which one you choose though you can still display billboards using the PlaceWindow function.

Edited by TacoBell00, 11 June 2003 - 17:11.

user posted image