This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

assign a IP address to a key and not able to start

1 reply to this topic

araymund

araymund
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 20:32

I am working with IS 10.5 . I defined a key named IP_DESPACHADOR in the registry and I want to assign the ip address of the machine i am installing to such key. I don know how to do it.

I found some code (localhost.rul ) but I don not how to run it. Do I need to define a custom action ?

Is there another way to that ?

On the other hand with the component wizard I defined one service but at installation time the service can not start because of not enough privileges.

Do I need to install my application as Administrator ?

Please Help.

Sorry for my poor english

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 15:43

Yes you could run that script as custom action, or build a DLL for that same purpose. Not sure how you would handle a machine that has multiple IP adresses for multiple network connections.

The account you are using for the service (not for running the installation) needs to have the "log on as service" privilege, which administrators usually do NOT have by default. You can leave the user name entry blank to use LocalSystem.