This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall flag not working

1 reply to this topic

dalkema

dalkema
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 19:53

I have a project with some file groups that don't get replaced during an upgrade.  I have been working around this by setting the Uninstall flag to NO.  This worked fine until I upgraded to 6.31.  Now the files are removed even though the Uninstall flag is set.  When I look in the log file, the state for the component is 2 instead of 0.  BTW, this file group has its own component.

Any recommendations to work around this?  I had thought to manually adjust the LogFile at the end of the install and manually set the state flag to 0.  Is there a better way?

Thanks,
David

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 16:34

Ensure that your filegroups have overwrite property set to either "Always" or "Newer Version/Newer Date".  Then if the files are built each time, ensure you are getting the numerical file versions set correctly.  (There are really two versions of a file, the string version and the numerical version...the later is what IS checks....the first is what you see when you go to the version tab of a file properties applet) (Nothing to do with the Uninstall property.)  Then ensure on an upgrade that ComponentReinstall gets called before the file xfer.
Lasenbby