This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Xp with 6.0..

7 replies to this topic

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 10:14

Hi,

I'm having some issues with running my installation on Windows XP and I need to know if it is because I'm using IS 6.0. One big problem is that I can install but not uninstall the game on a machine that I'm not admin on. Is this handled in a better way on newer versions and/or is there some workarounds that I can use to solve this problem?

/Jonas
- jonas

venki_1

venki_1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 10:42

Hi,
Please clarify whether you are using XP-Professional or XP-Home edition?

Regards,
Venkat

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 14:09

You need IS 6.31 or higher to reliably do anything with XP.
user posted image

Misec

Misec
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 11:58

We are using InstallShield Professional 6.12 under WinXP. There are no problem in terms of using it, but... we realised that we have to do our final builds under some other operating system (w2k) because some strange messages while trying to uninstall packages made on machine with winxp.

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 14:36

I've only tried it on XP profesional, however I'm developing on Win2000 so I havn't had any such problems. BUt the conclusion is; to be on the safe side - upgrade to 6.32?
- jonas

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 15:30

As long as we're dicussing this. If I try to install as a non-admin (this concerns win2000 as well) user I get some unfriendly errors. How to you guys deal with this type of issues? Is there some way to test if the user has installing- and writing-priviligies?
- jonas

BobT

BobT
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 12:45

Take a look at the Is function in the help.

Is (USER_ADMINISTRATOR, szIsData);

HTH

BobT

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 15:45

Yes, to be on the safe side you should upgrade to 6.31.

Depending on the functions you use and calls you make you may be lucky and the older versions suites your needs, but InstallShield did not really officially support it until then.
user posted image