This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Repair option

2 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:26

Hi,

I am using repair option to copy missing files and folders in the target dir , however i want only few files to be copied and i want to restrict some files from not being copied, is it possible to acheive this , please help.. Or is it possible to delete those files at the end of the repair operation.

Regards,
Balaji

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 16:06

Windows Installer's "repair" is designed to put a product back to its installed state. So, if files were installed by the product, they will be replaced, if missing, by the repair.

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish, but it doesn't sound like using the repair option is the best option for you.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:18

Hi Kathy.

You are rite, i am trying to replace missing files but i want to restrict a particular file from being copied while repair option is done , and i was able to do this by setting the the property "Reevalute condtion" to "YES" and its condition as NOT installed , so while repair the component is removed and is not left on the users system.

Regards,
Balaji