This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Finding to right project - HOW?

4 replies to this topic

Rike2990

Rike2990
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 21:39

Hey,
I'm a programmer that recently start working with InstallShield 12.
As I began to explore the program, I've discovered various kinds of projects to start with, as none of them have answered all of my needs.

I've searched for a project that can:
1. Feature has Installed/Uninstalled script event.
2. Customize dialog layout in sequence editor (Or just cancel unnecessary dialogs).
3. Single exe setup.
4. .NetFx 2 and MSInstaller 3.1 in setup file.

The thing is, each project is missing at least one of my needs.

Help will be most appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:45

Which of your requirements is missing in Basic MSI? While there are no "events" in basic MSI you can add custom actions to the sequence and condition them on the installation or uninstalaltion of a feature.

And which of your requirements ios missing in InstallScript projects?

Rike2990

Rike2990
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:47

Thanks, I'll try using custom action for my specific feature and see how it goes.

InstallScript project does not contain the sequence dialog editing (the second feature I was talking about).

BTW, I forgot to mention a major issue about deletion of service at uninstall, even after configuring it at the Control Services - it still won't delete the service.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:05

QUOTE (Rike2990 @ 2006-06-27 13:47)
InstallScript project does not contain the sequence dialog editing (the second feature I was talking about).

By definition, InstallScript uses script. To specify which dialogs are displayed in which order modify the function calls in the script, embed them in if blocks, etc. You need to add the OnFirstUIBefore function to your script using the combo boxes on the top of the script view.

Rike2990

Rike2990
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 13:14

Thanks a lot, that really worked for me.