This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Server Native Client for 64 bit machines

1 reply to this topic

jcpohusk

jcpohusk
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 23:25

Does anyone know how to get the SQL Server Native Client for 64 bit machines (sqlncli_x64.msi) to install? I am trying to install this via a custom action on an HP AMD Opteron 64 bit machine but I keep getting an error dialog that says "This Microsoft SQL Server Native Client package is not supported on the current processor type." I can run sqlncli_x64.msi standalone on that same 64 bit machine and it installs!

I have since been able to eliminate the error message by reversing my install condition to be "NOT VersionNT64" for the 32 bit msi file and "NOT VersionNT" for the 64 bit msi file.

Now I am getting to the correct custom action but the msi still does not install through the setup.

Edited by jcpohusk, 07 December 2005 - 16:07.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 21:44

You cannot run two msi based setups at the same time (at least not in the execute sequence). Is your custom action in the UI sequence?