This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multiple Operating Systems

2 replies to this topic

Shayantani

Shayantani
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:47

I am having a small problem regarding my set-up exe.

I installed it in a machine that has two operating systems win2000 in drive D and winXP in

drive C

I installed my application in both operating systems in the same path "C:\MyApp"

Now when I uninstall the application from win2000 the application folder that is "C:\MyApp"

got deleted.
That means winXP could not find the application folder.

What is desired in this above mentioned situation? Should we able to launch the application

though it has been uninstalled from one OS or we should refrain the user from installing my

application in the same path for different operation systems loaded in the same machine.

Can you suggest me how to handle this situation?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 15:25

In my opinion, dual booting two OSes will inherently have such complications, so that's something that the user will just have to deal with and properly manage.

Therefore such an outcome, in the scenario you describe, is certainly what I would have expected, and I don't believe there's anything you should have to change in your setup for dealing with it. Especially since the two OSes are, for the most part, totally unaware of each other and therefore so is your application.
user posted image

Shayantani

Shayantani
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:36

Thank u Sir for ur suggestion smile.gif
yet I am very sorry for the late reply