This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How can I add a dialog in process of install

1 reply to this topic

nemoMSI

nemoMSI
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:05

Hi,all.
I have made a simple install with VS.net 2003.And now I need insert a dialog which
my customer can select which feature to install,just like what office setup has done.
I get Orca ,but I can only find a lot of Tables in it. I find Orca setup has the dialog,
too.I want to let my customers can maintain software after they have installed it.What
I plan to do is that let users maintain the software in Add/Remove Panel,when they select
update the software.I think I need a dialog like the maintenanceTypeDlg dialog in Orca
setup .I want to know how can I make all about these with Orca?
I am a beginner with Windows Installer.I have read the windows installer SDK document for several weeks and do what the sample tell me to do.But I yet can't start my work.The Orca
is too complex for me to use. I don't think it is a good way to open the .MSI and male every table by hand.Is there any tool which is free and easy to do all of these?
Need your help.
Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 08:40

I think Visual Studio has a dialog with check boxes. Maybe you can use this.

Creating a dialog by filling in the tables in Orca is extremely tedious. You may want to buy a full featured MSI authoring tool instead which includes such a dialog and maybe even has a dialog editor.