This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Manipulating CA in updater

2 replies to this topic

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:22

If I want to delete a CA from updater what precaution I should take?

For example, I released an installer to a client and I forget to remove few unwanted CAsfrom that. Now i am building an updater for that installer. Should i dellete those CAs? will it have any ill effect?

By-the-way is it a good idea unsure.gif

ankur tyagi

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 14:57

I'm sure there are many methods to acheive this, but I find it simplest to simply change the condition of an unwanted CA to a test that is never true, such as 1=0. This way it'll never run and the changes in your patch will be quite minimal (and you can easily reinstate them if you change your mind).

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 23:06

If you remove the CA, you may leave the install unusable. This will happen when you fail to remove a reference to this CA, as it may still appear in a sequence or control event.

As Gareth states, you could change all references to this CA, by setting the condition to False.

If you don't know where the CA is referenced, you can also consider changing the CA into a different CA with less impact (eg. type 51, property 'Dummy'.