This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

asks user to restart

4 replies to this topic

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 11:24

At the end of my installation, I am asked whether i want to restart my system. How can I avoid this dialog appearing??
Also, a wierd thing happens. I have a custom dialog in my installation that asks users whether they want to install a desktop icon or not.  When the installer asks whether to restart, in the boxes that should say "Yes" and "No", they have the text for my radio buttons (ie one says yes I would like to install a desktop icon, etc)
anybody any explanation for this ? However i would like to avoid asking for a restart if that is possible.
Thanks
Berni

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
  • Full Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 21:09

If the REBOOTPROMPT property is set to Suppress (or just S) any reboot performed by the Windows Installer happens automatically without interaction from the user. Setting this property does not initiate a reboot if one is not needed, it only suppresses the display of any prompts for reboots to the user.

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 08:40

Thanks for the info, Is there any way to suppress a reboot completely though??
thanks
Berni

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
  • Full Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 08:47

Yes you can do that by setting the property REBOOT to the value Suppress (reboots forced by SA ScheduleReboot will be suppressed, reboot forced by SA ForceReboot will be done) or the value ReallySuppress (every reboot will be suppressed)

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 09:02

Thanks Martin - I appreciate the help!