This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Quick Patch

1 reply to this topic

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 21:56

Hi there,

I'm using InstallShield XI and an basic msi project.
For a long time ago i have finished a product, which was released to customers. The product is protected by wrapping an *.exe file using InstallShield activation module.
Now, I'm trying to create a Quick Patch for that product, but, the problem that arised is that I cannot patch the wrapped file because, after the quick patch was applied, the protection for the wrapped file has disapearred (when I build the quick patch, no wrapping is done on the new version of the file).

Is there any way to create the pach using the Quick Patch project for a wrapped file?

One solution would be to use the Patch Design inside basic msi project, but, the main problem would be building the patch using ISCmdBld.exe. I cannot find any parameters which allow me to build the "inside" patch.

Regards,
Sebastian

Edited by sebica79, 28 April 2006 - 22:01.

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 17:05

Hi there,

It seems that I have found the solution for building a patch automatically.
Actually we need to call BuildPatchConfiguration for building the patch configuration. This action has the same results if we are trying to build the patch from the Patch Design view.

Building a VB script which create an ISWiProject object, we are able to call BuildPatchConfiguration method.

I hope this helps for anybody who wants to build automatic patches.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Edited by sebica79, 01 May 2006 - 17:07.