This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Release flags, new error in SP4

2 replies to this topic

KerryGinn

KerryGinn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 17:19

My organization has been using a release flag extensively in an InstallShield Developer 7 project.  Upon ungrading Developer from SP3 to SP4, when the same release flag is used with a new feature, Developer generates an error message at build time for each new file (in the new component in the new feature).  However, no error is generated for items that were already in the project when we were using SP3 (or SP2 before that).

The error messages look like this:

Loding File table
    ** Error: -6103: Cound not find file [pathname]
:
    ** Error: -6103: Cound not find file [pathname]
Build File table

The installer nevertheless appears to build successfully.

The particular files in question are not in place (present on the disk at build time) when building this particular release wherein the Feature containing these files' component is excluded by a release flag.  To reiterate, other files configurated in the same way that were included in the project prior to the SP4 upgrade do not cause the error to be generated.

My question is: Is there any way (e.g., editing some table via Direct Edit) that I can get the newly added files to be treated in the same way as the previously existing files are treated by InstallShield, so that error messages are not caused during "Loading File tables"?  ...Or were we initially wrong in how we configured the project?

rep_stosd

rep_stosd
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 20:22

i and another user still face the same problem (search for -6103 in this forum) -
do you know a solution?

rep_stosd

rep_stosd
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 21:05

haha!

go to
http://community.ins...&highlight=6103

- the last hint worked.
remove all "use system property" flags and the "vital" flags from the files in advanced views->components, for each component->files

don't know if it's bad practice to remove the vital flag from files, but the releases finally build w/o errors.

regards,

rep.