This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Are Launch conditions enforced for admin mode?

3 replies to this topic

dGabay

dGabay
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 16:46

Hi,
I have several installs with the same 10 launch conditions. They search the user's computer for required supporting apps, OS and service packs, and make sure that certain applications are not currently running on the machine. My question is, during an administrative install, should these launch conditions be enforced?

In my case, one of the installs enforces these conditions and the other installs do not. The install that enforces the conditions is not working correctly. Since appsearch, launch conditions, and my custom actions are missing from the administrative sequence, I can see that the properties are not set correctly, but how do I fix it? I have a workaround but want to understand the internals. I have not modified the administrative sequence or dialogs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 19:10

Since an administrative install doesn't actually install the application, but simply copies your setup files to a network location, you usually don't need launch conditions for an administrative install.

dGabay

dGabay
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 20:34

I don't want the launch conditions to be enforced, since they are not relevant to the administrative sequence. Can you explain why the launch conditions are being enforced during the administrative sequence on one of my installs? I have them set up to use AppSearch and custom actions during the install sequence where they are working well. I don't know how to remove them in the admin sequence, since appsearch and launch conditions do not exist in this sequence. Is this a bug in MSI or InstallShield?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:52

I suspect it is something else. Generate a verbose log file to see what's going on.