This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing 2 applications w/out uninstalling

1 reply to this topic

jshearer

jshearer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 20:42

Basically I have a project that includes 2 different applications, one is a Web Service and the other just a regular client install. These used to be two separate installs but I figured I'd package them into one for less maintanance.

I've setup up each application as a separate setup and separate feature and used the AskOptions dialog for the user to select which application they would like to install, App A, App B or both.

The problem is when I install lets say App A and App B is already installed it will uninstall App B then install App A and vice-versa.

My original solution was to remove the uninstall functionality all together (as I have done in past installs) but our staff says we must keep uninstall functionality available through Contol Panel/Add Remove Programs.

Basically what I want is each application to act like it's own IS project with separate uninstall functionality so they don't run into each other.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:48

Well, if they wont to have both applications then they should keep both check boxes checked. Makes sense IMO. (How elese would you enable them to uninstall the applications separately?)
Otherwise you could keep two separate setups (either two projects, or tow product configurations generated from the same project). Use a CD browser or bootstrapper exe to launch them.