This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom setup type..

3 replies to this topic

Neha

Neha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 13:57

Hi,
I have a Installshiled 6.3 project.I would like to disable the Custom installation types in sdsetuptype() dialogbox.

Any idea,how it could be done...

Regards
Neha

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 14:00

To do that, you'll need to instead use SdSetupTypeEx.  You'll also have to remove the Custom setup type definition from your IS project

user posted image

Neha

Neha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 14:06

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Could you pl explain me in detail?
I am new to this field.Could you pl help me.
Regrads
Neha

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 15:54

I don't have time to go into too much detail, but here goes.

For the 1st part, you basically need to find the current SdSetupType call in your code/script, and replace it with the following line of code:
nResult = SdSetupTypeEx(szTitle, szMsg, "", "TYPICAL", 0);

There may also be some surrounding code which needs to be changed, but that would depend on your current implementation.  For more information about this new function call, see the IS help file.

For the 2nd part, with your IS project open, you would select the Setup Types tab near the lower left-hand corner.  It looks like three bar graphs.  Once that's active, simply select the Custom listing and choose right click Delete.

You'll may also need to modify the Descriptions and Display Names for the remaining setups.  This can be done through the right click Properties.

Hope it helps.
user posted image