This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Calling a dll in a Deferred CA in 7.02

1 reply to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 19:28

I am trying to change my Immediate CAs to Deferred when they change the target machine in order to follow the Best Practices guidelines.  I am using ISDev 7.02.
I have a dll stored in the binary table that just takes an MSI handle.  When it was an Immediate CA, it worked.  Now when I get there in the execution I get an error message saying "failed to extract file...".  I have deleted it and re-entered it in the binary table to no avail.  That is my first problem.  For now I changed it back to Immediate.
I have another call to a different dll that was has been changed to Deferred as well.  It seems to skip right past it though.  I even put in MessageBoxes in the function and they don't show.  Then I unchecked the "ignore return code" and when it hits it my install starts rolling back.

It seems that 7.02 deferred scripts have access to GLOBAL properties - is this true of the dlls or do I need to use the CustomActionData trick?

Thanks for any help,
Joe

eugene

eugene
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 00:12

[1]  I'm having exactly the same issue with deferred custom actions.  When I try to run a custom action (which calls a DLL function) as deferred, I get "failed to extract file 'dllname.dll' from binary table".  Mine also work in immediate mode.  I do not know the solution yet.

[2]  I also had a problem with the custom actions appearing to be skipped.  However, upon closer inspection I found that it was an error in the condition statement that I had placed on the custom action.