This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Localized installations :: .Net + MSI Install

1 reply to this topic

srinidhi

srinidhi
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:57

I've a requirement wherein both the MSI package installation as well as the .Net 2.0 installation (using bundled language packages) should happen in the same language as the one selected in the target machine's Windows installation.

I've seen a possibility of providing the user with a "Language selection" window during the setup initialization. My doubts are:

* If a user selects, for example, "German" from the drop down list of languages, would the same language be passed to the .Net 2.0 installation wizard?

* If not, then how can I achieve that?

* Is there anyway I can make the installation to go ahead in the same language as Windows' locale without prompting the user with another window?

It would be great if I could get some immediate help with this. Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions !! :)

Srinidhi.

m.nouryan

m.nouryan
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 16:09

Is there anyway I can make the installation to go ahead in the same language as Windows' locale without prompting the user with another window?

This is actually the default behavior of the installation. If you disable the language dialog, installer would pickup the system language for the UI, if the system language is not found in installation UI, it would pick the default language (typically English but you can change it)

If a user selects, for example, "German" from the drop down list of languages, would the same language be passed to the .Net 2.0 installation wizard?

I would say it would pickup system language (like installation itself, see previous note) but I am not sure as I have always installed .Net in quite mode with no UI.