This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup Prerequisites Install OK but say failed

7 replies to this topic

SteveSS

SteveSS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 14:25

HI,

Ive just started a new project which I have added a couple of other msi files to as redistributables, ive included them as setup prerequisites and before my project install begins I have the box pops up and lists them all as pending. I continue the install and the first one installs fine, i recive the install success message from the prerequisite msi file, but as it goes back to the list i recive

"The installation of <PREREQUISTE NAME> appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the the installation"

If I click yes the status of the prerequiste in the list is now failed and the next one begins and the same thing happens again The thing is, nothing is wrong with any of the installs and all programs install exactly as they should so I don't see why the main project keeps reporting that they have failed???

All I can think is there is a return code, which for some reason keeps reporting that the installs have failed, is there anyway of ignoring this as I can't even see a setting for it only for forcing a reboot after the prerequisite has finished installing?

Thanks for any assistance
Steve

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 16:32

In the prerequisites editor, on the Application to Run tab, in the last edit field, did you specify any return values? You should enter 3010 and maybe also 1641 here as they indicate that a reboot is required.

SteveSS

SteveSS
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 14:41

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried setting both the return value as you suggested but with no luck, I also tried setting the values described in InstallShield X help but they didnt work either.

I don't know if it makes any difference but the msi's when installed on there own do not request a reboot?

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Steve

cute martian

cute martian
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 21:39

Hi SteveSS,

I am having exactly the same problem with my install. I am using InstallShield 10.5. I have a prerequisite file and its log says that it completes successfully, however, I get a pop-up that the installation failed:

"The installation of <PREREQUISITE NAME> appears to have failed. Do you want to continue with the installation"

My prerequisite is quite simple and can be found attached.

How did you resolve the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Natalia

bilandra2

bilandra2
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 15:38

Hey,

I'm curious if you were able to solve this problem, and how?

I am experiencing a similar problem.

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 14:53

In the prerequisite you define a registry key, file etc. to detect whether the prerequisite needs to be installed (typically if the file or entry is missing or less than a specified version). After the prerequisite installer ran, InstallShield checks this same condition again. If the condition is still not satified it displays this message. In the prerequisite you can set it to ignore this problem. But note that the prerequisite will be offered for instalaltion again when your setup runs the next time because the condition is still not satisfied.

SivakumarK

SivakumarK
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:03

Hi Steve,

For some reason, If the user quits the installation of any prerequisite during installation, it continues with other prerequisites to install. How to make the installaer to quit the whole installation if any of the prerequisite fails.

Thanks,
SivaK

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 14:12

In your prerequisite you define a condition. Installshield checks this condition to determine if it should install the rperequisite or if it's already there. Afterwards InstallShield cheks the same condition again to see if the prerequisite install was successful. If it wasn't it displays a message tot the user. Depending on your settings, the user could ignore this error message and continue with the installation, or he has to cancel the installation.
Is this not what you are seeing?