This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing project schema from 300 to 310

1 reply to this topic

pk78scout

pk78scout
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 21:12

Hi,

Seems like I have a problem installing my project now that I have set the schema to 310.

I build basic msi projects using installshield 2008 professional. On my computer (Winxp sp2), if I go to system folder and look at version of msi.dll, it says I have version 3.01.4000.4039. Is that interpreted by installshield/windows installer as 3.1?

When I try to bump up my schema from 300 to 310, I get an early message (before I ever see "welcome dialog") that says I must install a newer version of the windows installer service. How can it be that when it seems I already have 3.1?? Is there a bug or some translation issue when I set my schema to 310?

So how does one require a minimum msi version of 3.1 without being told that they don't have a new enough version of the windows installer when the msi.dll is version 3.1.4.4039?

Please help. This has me really stumped. All else has been working fine for years.

-pk

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 17:33

I don't think that 310 is a valid value.