This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install condition for Vista Editions

2 replies to this topic

mrgandra

mrgandra
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 23:30

Hi

How to differentiate between different editions of Vista in InstallShield Basic MSI Project.

eg. what would be the Install condition if I want to install the software only on Vista Business and Ultimate.

How can we know what edition of Vista is running.

Thanks
Madhukar

WJPOConnor

WJPOConnor
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:07

I don't have Vista, so I can't tell you definitively what the values are, but one thing you can do is use SprintfBox to find out what the values are when run on Vista.

For example:

SprintfBox(MB_OK, "Windows Version Numbers", "OS Major %d, Minor %d, Win Major %d, Minor %d", SYSINFO.nOSMajor, SYSINFO.nOSMinor, SYSINFO.nWinMajor, SYSINFO.nWinMinor);

Put this in a custom action early in a test MSI and run it on the operating system you want to test. That will give you the numbers you need to use in your install conditions.

mrgandra

mrgandra
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:03

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know if this is this is right way to differentiate between different editions of vista.

In Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions

there is key called ProductSuite which can has Terminal Server Personal for Vista Home Basic and Home Premium. For Bista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise it would say Terminal Server.

I dint know how to diffrentiate between the Business, Ultimate and Enterprise. This single piece will help me right now because I only want to know whether it is Home or Other edition.

If any one has any other solution please post it.

Thanks
Madhukar