This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

other nonsupported platforms?

1 reply to this topic

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 13:52

We have a license for ISMP and I am interested in moving to ISMP so as to move away from maintaining multiple installs for the various platforms that we must support.  However, our product must also support HP v11 (Unix) which I do not see as supported by ISMP.  We currently use IS Professional for our windows installs and scripts for our unix install.  The purpose of this migration to ISMP would be to move away from maintaining multiple installs for different platforms.  

The question I have is, even though the HP v11 platform is unsupported at this time, is it still possible to use ISMP to install on this machine...as long as they have a supported JVM?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 14:40

I don't know, but at least they don't say it won't work, so it might work:
"If the end user is not using a supported platform, their installation cannot leverage native support functionality. Some features may not work correctly." (http://www.installsh...ecs/default.asp)