This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Register/Unregister SERVICE on MergeModule

2 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:39

Hi,

I have a merge module that deploy service (RTDS_Service.exe). Do you know how can I register it with cmdline "-service". I register this manually by running the exe file itself with the cmdline and same thing with unregistering it. I also need to unregister this with "-unregserver" cmdline.

Anybody knows how to make this work on merge module??? Pls. I really need your help guys as soon as possible. I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance.

Dyerald :(

DMellor

DMellor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 14:43

You don't specify what tool you are using to create your Merge Module, but if you're using InstallShield Developer it's pretty straightforward to start a service.

If you look in the component list for the component that contains your .exe and then look at the advanced settings for that component. There are all the properties you need for control/installing services.

If you're using something other than InstallShield Developer then I'm afraid I don't have any tips..

Daniel Mellor.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 15:09

i am wondering if you could specify it as a custom action of type 34.  with this type you are allowed to specify the exe, any command-line parameters, and the path...  

perhaps you could create two custom actions, one for registration and the other for unregistration...