This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

4 problems with Installscript Project

4 replies to this topic

Morph

Morph
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 19:45

[edit]Please move to Installshield X, I overlooked that part of the forum. Thanks[/edit]

I've got some problems with my Installshield project and I hope you can help me..

Problem 1:
I use skins, and the logo is in the same place as the computer image. I already got rid of the computer image using
DialogSetInfo (DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", TRUE);
but it doesn't work when the installer is preparing setup.
Also I need to remove the text in the left top. ("Preparing Setup: Please wait while the Installshield wizard prepares the setup") (See images)

Problem 2:
I want the user to ask if they would like to restart the computer, but I dunno what and where I need to put the InstallScript.
I tried this but it doesn't work.
// Show final dialog.

SdFinishReboot( SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_TITLE), SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_REMOVE_MSG2), SYS_BOOTMACHINE, "", 0 );

Problem 3:
When the user is installing our product, we'd like to show some billboards but I can't enable the small statusex window (so it won't block the billboard images) which should be placed in the right bottom corner. How do I enable the small status ex window? And where should I place it?

Problem 4:
I would like to install the Macromedia Flash OCX on the user computer, so that one of our Delphi programs can use SWF files. Is a Flash MX 2004 redist available to insert in the installer, of which files / registery do I need install on the users computer

Hope you could help.

Attached Images

• preparingsetup.jpg

Edited by Morph, 28 June 2004 - 19:47.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 14:45

Moved to InstallShield X forum as requested.

Problem 1: This message is displayed before your script is launched, so I don't think this is feasile.

Problem 2: This line should do the trick (somewhere early in your script):
BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE;

Problem 3: I think the Enable function is located at the end of OnFirstUIBefore and OnMaintUIBefore. Or is it in OnMoving?

Problem 4: The redustributable requirements for the Flash OCX should be available from Macromedia.

Morph

Morph
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 17:24

Thanks for your quick reply.

About problem 1:
I've read somewhere that it's possible to edit _ISuser.dll (delete that computer image), or in any other DLL where the computer image is placed?

About problem 2:
If I put BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE in onmovedata, it doesn't work. Where exactly should I put it?

About Problem 3: I got it working, enable(STATUSDLG) should be placed in OnMoveData(). But it still has a grey color. Is it possible to change the color? If I try this:

PlaceWindow(STATUSDLG, 30, 80, LOWER_RIGHT);
SetColor (STATUSDLG, RGB( 0, 20, 57 ));
Enable( STATUSDLG );
it won't work. Do you have a solution?

About problem 4:
I'll try to find a macromedia redist. But if anyone else knows a url please tell me smile.gif

Jochen

Jochen
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:07

Hi Morph,

Problem 2: Try putting the BATCH_INSTALL=TRUE at the beginning of OnFirstUIAfter. If you put it there you make sure that the Windows Installer or InstallScript won't overwrite the variable.

Problem 3: Referring to IS Q101940 you should use SetColor(STATUSBAR...) instead of SetColor(STATUSDLG...). I know that the document applies to IS 5.x but I hope it will work with newer versions either.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jochen

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:21

Setting the color of the progress bar is no longer possible (since version 6 I think). InstallShield now conforms with the UI guidelines and uses the system color settings.