This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Pkg code changed. Install not working

1 reply to this topic

mkapasi

mkapasi
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 20:48

I changed the package code using the windows installer APIs. I modified the Revision Number property in the Summary Information Stream.
Now when I run my msi file or my setup.exe I get the following error

"The System administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

If I open the msi file in orca and set the packagecode there, it works fine. Only when I do this programmatically do I see this issue. This tells me there is something else I need to set in the Summary Information stream, but I don;t know what that is.
please help.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:10

Does the package code actually get changed, though? Yesterday, I pointed you to the 'cUpdate' variable used in the MS SDK script samples and I think that's relevant: unless you tell the engine that you're updating the MSI, nothing will happen.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.